It is our pleasure to share some tips & tricks with you that will aid you in your pursuit of receiving top quality translation work:
- Research the translation services available. Look for companies that match your specifics, covering the particular language and dialect you need. Be sure to include checking that the company in question has a specialist available in your field. Therefore can provide you with a translator that has a deeper understanding of the translation topic that you require.
- Check out the companies thoroughly. Once you have selected the ones that suit your needs, by looking at their websites, customer reviews and feedback.
- Provide some sample texts. To the selected potential translation services and request that they translate this sample for free. Use this as a type of quality check, by providing at least half a page of text (don’t overdo it by asking for too much), you don’t need more. As much as a couple of pages of test translation maximum should be more than ample to be able to gauge their ability and quality. You don’t want to risk losing the interest of good vendors by asking for any more than that.
- Be clear on the service that you expect. Ask for details on what is it the company offers. Is it solely the translations that you need or do you also require proofreading as well? If they do offer to proofread, is performed by another qualified translator? It is a good idea to add this to your specification as it is worth taking into account that anybody can make mistakes. As a customer, it is fair to request a second screening of the work pre-submission.
- Ensure that your documents are translated by a translator who is a true expert. It is beneficial to work with some who really knows the subject matter well. You want to work with someone who is directly experienced and has skills in the area you are translating coupled with being a qualified translator. The free sample as suggested in point 3 will be a good gauge and provide you with a fair idea as to which level the translator is familiarised with your business. It will not be unusual for most professional translating companies to receive this kind of request.
- Check for references that demonstrate a professional translator has sufficient experience. You want them to have knowledge directly related to your business. Otherwise, they may redirect you to an alternative connection they have, if they think they are not the right match for you. Recommending someone they feel will be more suited to your needs will be helpful.
We would be delighted in assisting you with all of your translation needs. You can contact us through our website www.betranslated.co.uk check it out to see our full offer and get in touch for a quote and to fully discuss your needs.